It’s been a long, long time coming. Here’s what I finally have working.
- I write everything in Ulysses
– It uses iCloud to sync between iOS and Mac
– It stores everything locally on my Mac
- Everything is stored on my Mac in a single place
– I’ve spent years pulling all my writing into a single location
– Everything is in simple Markdown
– Everything is in a standard
– At night, I run a wordcount script to see how much I’ve written
- I commit two two places every night
– One commit sends my entire giant library to a git backup
– A different commit shares only featured content to git and a website
- I can publish my content from Ulysses to my online blogs
- Once online, those online blogs all have RSS feeds
- I have a single RSS feed for combining everything together
There are some quirks, like the fact that using full Markdown means I can’t drag and drop images into my posts in all situations. Or the fact that my RSS is held together by duct tape and chicken wire. But I finally did it. I can write, store, back up, publish, aggregate, and share the aggregated feed. It all works.
Ok, back to work.